Sale prices over the last three years
Average Days on the Market over the last three years
Total number of sales over the last three years
Total Inventory over the last three years
We use a variety of statistics to measure market conditions:
- Sales represent the number of homes transacted through the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) in one month.
- Active Listings represent the total number of homes currently listed for sale on the MLS®.
- New Listings represent the total number of listings added to the MLS® in a month.
- Sales-to-active listings ratio measures supply and demand by looking at the total supply of homes for sale compared to sales during the month.
- Sellers’, buyers’ and balanced markets are terms that describe whether the market is putting upward, downward, or no pressure on home prices. Sellers’ markets typically occur when the sales-to-active listings ratio dips below the 12 per cent mark, while buyers’ markets tend to occur when it surpasses 20 per cent for sustained periods.